We are recruiting for a new Deputy Manager to join our management team, supporting adults with learning disabilities and autism.
We are looking for a candidate who is kind, honest, reliable, organised and a good listener with experience of working in a care and support setting.
Salary: The salary range for the position is £22,240.40 to £24,606.40 per annum (depending on experience)
Sleep-in shifts will be required and are paid at £62.64 per night (11pm to 7am). You will also be part of the Emergency out of hours On-Call rota and will receive an additional £10.00 per night for providing on-call cover.
Location: Erdington and Sutton Coldfield area.
Hours: 35 hours per week rota’d shift pattern.
Role summary: In this role you will support the Registered Manager which includes a range of daily tasks and activities including mealtimes, leisure activities and hobbies, volunteer placements or educational courses, taking medication, shopping, seeing family and friends and organising finances. You will support and motivate support workers; including helping to plan rotas, holding supervision meetings and being part of a management on-call rota. You will receive ongoing support from your line manager and other members of the management team, a comprehensive induction and ongoing training opportunities.
- Annual leave: we give each employee an additional day of leave (or pro-rata equivalent) for each completed year of service up to a maximum annual leave entitlement of 33 days (or pro-rata equivalent).
- Mental health support: all employees can access a confidential telephone advice service and can have up to six free one-to-one counselling sessions each year
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme; 1 week of full pay for sickness absence for each completed year of service up to a maximum of 3 weeks.
- Health cash plan scheme: all employees can claim back some health-related costs including the cost of dental treatment, eye tests and glasses
- Life Assurance Scheme: we provide a lump sum payment to a nominated beneficiary in the event of an employee’s death.
- Pension: we contribute a percentage of your annual salary into a pension fund.
Training: comprehensive induction and training, including the opportunity to complete Level 5 Certificate in Health and Social Care.
Development opportunities: we encourage internal progression for hard-working employees who wish to develop their career in Health and Social Care.
For an application form and job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An enhanced DBS disclosure, along with references will also be required for this vacancy.
Please note that there is no deadline for applications to this role; the advert will close when suitable candidates have been appointed. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.